Setup Launcher Unicode has stopped working, part II

In the past I wrote about a possible InstallScript bug which may cause setup.exe to crash.

However we kept encountering the crash message here and there, although this time when you closed it, the installation process continued normally and finished successfully.

This turned out to be a very random problem which makes it difficult to generalize or reproduce.

Recently, one of my team member found a solution for it: Apparently, the problem is gone when removing the folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information” before running the installation.

Furthermore, the installer itself can do this removal as long as you perform it in the OnFirstUIBefore() event handler.

Note – this is true for InstallScript MSI project. We did not experience this problem on other InstallShield project types.

Hope it helps other people out there…

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s